Restore Your Natural Beautiful Smile with Dental Crowns
A crown is a “cap” that is tooth-shaped that is placed over your existing tooth. This is important to cover your tooth to restore its size and shape, improve its overall look and to make your tooth stronger. When they are cemented into place, they will fully encase the whole visible portion of your tooth that lies above or at the gum line. This can help protect a damaged tooth and bring back the beauty of your teeth and give you the confidence to smile again.
Why is a Crown Needed?
- Protect your weak tooth from breaking and tooth decay.
- Restore your broken tooth or if it has been greatly worn down
- Provide support and to cover your teeth with large filling
- Hold your dental bridge into place
- Hide or cover discolored or misshapen teeth
- Create a cosmetic, appealing tooth
- Cover your dental implant
- Cracked tooth syndrome
For most children, a dental crown can be used on the primary baby teeth to:
- Save a damaged tooth, and then hold the space so the permanent tooth can erupt.
- Protect the child’s teeth at a high risk of tooth decay, most especially if the child is experiencing difficulty in keeping up a good oral hygiene.
Types of Crowns
- Permanent Crowns – This type of crown can be made from different materials like stainless steel, resin, ceramic, porcelain-fused-to-metal materials, or metal like gold or some other alloys.
- Temporary Crowns – temporary crowns are usually made from different materials like stainless steel or acrylic. This can be used as a temporary tooth restoration.
Never allow your damaged teeth to drag your confidence down. If you know that there are some problems with your tooth, you must schedule an appointment with Dr. Krieger at her McLean Dental Office and find out if a dental crown is needed. This can help you to become confident to smile again, and to show the world your beautiful and natural smile.